I have been very fortunate to have enjoyed working within the Queensland Police Service for the last 16 years.
This time has seen me work in some of Queensland’s remotest communities, and in a variety of roles.
I am excited to see the team from Queensland Policing Recruiting coming to visit Mount Isa and Cloncurry this month to encourage members of our local community to get on board with us.
The recruitment team will be holding two information sessions:
MOUNT ISA: Monday, November 27, at 6:15pm – Mount Isa PCYC, 67 Isa St, Mount Isa
CLONCURRY: Tuesda, November 28, at 5:30pm – Cloncurry PCYC, 120 King St, Cloncurry
The recruiting team will be discussing the “Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Program”.
This program offers positions to people from non-English speaking background. It is a 10-week, full-time course at the QPS Academy to prepare you for direct entry into the Recruit Training Program.
To apply for the CALD program, you must:
- Be born in a non-English speaking country or a child of someone born in a non-English speaking country.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have successfully completed Year 12 OR have three years of full-time paid employment (or the part-time equivalent) since leaving high school.
- You must have a very high standard of past behaviour and conduct, including your traffic and/or criminal history.
- Hold either an open driver licence OR a provisional driver licence for 12 months.
If you are interested to find out more, or know someone who fits these criteria and would make a great police officer, please make sure you get to one of the two sessions being held.
We also have a large amount of material available at the police station for anyone who wishes to find out more about working with the Queensland Police Service.
This information is also available whenever you see the Mount Isa Police community stand out and about at local events.
For more information, please visit www.policerecruit.com.au
Renee Hanrahan, Senior Sargeant
Mount Isa Police Station