An early morning run kicked off many competitors' Sunday, taking part in the annual Outback to Stack.
The annual half marathon event for the IsaRATS is the club's biggest event of the year, and this competition was no different with 120 competitors taking part.
IsaRATS president Kimberly Alcorn said the competition and vibe was fantastic.
"It is such a great event because we don't just cater for the half marathon but also 5km, 10km, and 21km walk and the teams event," Ms Alcorn said.
"The atmosphere was exciting and positive. There was no one there who was apprehensive about it, they were all very supportive of each other.
"I knew there were people competing this year who hadn't run 20 odd kilometres before and yet they did it and had a support crew cheering them on."
Ms Alcorn said this year competitor numbers were a little lower due to the date change.
"Numbers were a little down because we usually hold it in July and by hosting it last weekend it clashed with other sporting finals," she said.
"However the weather was nothing short of perfect in the morning starting at 13 degrees with the walkers commencing at 5am.
"The morning got quite warm for those competitors who were out for the three hour mark, but it is Mount Isa and I think are all use to that and we were all finished by about 10am. Next year we will try and find a date that suits better."
Ms Alcorn said the Outback to Stack was a unique running festival that Mount Isa was lucky to have.
"This event stems from when the club was first created, it was a running club competing from mine to mine," she said.
"This event has been running since I came to town and it is something that our members and locals look forward to each year."
The Outback to Stack results:
- Under 15 Female, Jamie Carberry, 24:00
- Under 15 Male, Pratik Seegoolam, 20.40
- Womens Open, Sofia Burrows, 36.45
- Mens Open, Jayden Boshoff, 21.28
- Womens Masters, Susanne Pattison, 34.45
- Male Masters, Clayton Green, 23.20
- Womens Open, Carla Lloyd, 50:39
- Mens Open, Simon Pope in 49:09
- Womens Masters, Fiona Bryant in 1:02:33
- Mens Masters, Greg Mitchell in 43:02
Half Marathon Run
- Womens Open, Kimberly Alcorn, 1:47:52
- Mens Open, Toby Wicks, 1:35.00
- Womens Masters, Tammy Green 1:59:58
- Men's Masters, Dariusz Skora, 1:21.44
Team Half Marathon:
- One of Us Trains (Steve Derrick, Hannah Bunny and Selina Cunningham), 1:43:00
Half Marathon Walking Challenge
- Mens, Joshua Brock, 3:11:27
- Womens, Kristie Broad, 3:11:27
Find more results on the IsaRATS Facebook Page.
While you are here, subscribe to our weekly email newsletter delivered to your inbox at 6am every Friday.