The fate of the senior men's Mount Isa Rugby League competition will be decided on June 30 according to Queensland Rugby League.
The announcement came on June 20 with community rugby league set to return from the COVID-19 hiatus.
Townies captain Dylan Buckingham said he wasn't sure what the plan was for the season.
"We haven't really heard much on what is happening but we are all remaining hopeful we can get back on the field," Buckingham said.
There was however some positive news for the younger players with the announcement that their season will resume on July 18.
Mount Isa Rugby League president Nakya Lewry said there was some new changes that would be taking place to ensure the junior competition was COVIDsafe.
"Players must arrive to the game already in their gear ready to go, there will be no more change rooms," Mr Lewry said.
"As for training teams must train on separate fields or in parks and use your own water bottle.
"There has also been changes with the grandstand, they will be no longer operational and if you want to sit down you must bring your own chair.
A poll conducted by Mount Isa Rugby League asked its' members whether or not they wanted the senior men's 2020 season to go ahead. "
As of the date of publication on June 26 the poll had 142 votes with 76 percent voting yes and the remaining 24 percent voting no.
While you are here, subscribe to our weekly email delivered to your inbox every Tuesday and Friday.