Rare winter rain is set to fall in Mount Isa in the coming days.
A trough, cold front and associated cloud band will bring seasonally significant rainfall to much of Queensland with showers, rain areas and possible isolated thunderstorms developing across the southwest Wednesday moving slowly eastward over the next few days before clearing the east coast late Saturday or early Sunday.
Rainfall totals associated with this cloud band are likely to be widespread 5-20mm with more isolated totals 20-40mm with thunderstorms or reoccurring showers and rain.
The forecast for Thursday in the copper city is for a cloudy day a high (70%) chance of showers south of Mount Isa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere.
The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting we may get falls of between 6-15mm with a minimum of 16 and a top of 23.
It will colder still on Friday with the chance of more rain on the forecast.
The BoM say it will be a cloudy day with a medium (40%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon and falls of between 0-10mm.
More typical sunny weather returns Saturday though it will still be a cool day with max temps of 20 before climbing to 22 on Sunday and 25 on Monday.and a high of 27 on Tuesday.
It looks like the Gulf of Carpentaria will miss out on the falls with no rain forecast for Normanton.
READ ALSO: Mount Isa City Council hands down its budget
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Make sure you are signed up for our breaking and regular headlines newsletters
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Google News