Tasmania will be the home of cricket when the Women's Big Bash League gets underway next month with the opening 20 games to be played across the state.
The season will get underway at Blundstone Arena with the Sydney Sixers and Melbourne Stars on October 14 while the Hobart Hurricanes season gets underway against the Melbourne Renegades on October 16 in Hobart.
Hobart Hurricanes WBBL head coach Salliann Beams said the players were excited to be back in front of their fans.
"This is obviously a great outcome for us. We're thrilled to be able to play in front of our fans and in conditions that are familiar to us, and I really want to ensure that on the field we make the most of this opportunity," she said.
"We want to inspire more Tasmanian girls to believe that they can play cricket at the highest level. By having the world's top female T20 domestic competition right on their doorstep, they will truly be able to see what they can be."
Launceston will feature heavily in the festival of cricket with a series of double-headers at Invermay Park and UTAS throughout October.
The Adelaide Strikers and Hurricanes clash at Invermay Park at 10.15am on October 23 which is followed by the Melbourne Stars and Brisbane Heat in the afternoon.
On the same day, UTAS Stadium will welcome Sydney Thunder and Sydney Sixers for a derby before Perth Scorchers and Melbourne Renegades face-off under lights.
Adelaide Strikers return to Invermay Park on October 24 at 10.15am before the Sixers and Renegades square-off at UTAS later that day and the Scorchers and Thunder are the night-time game.
UTAS will host a double-header on October 26 with the Stars and Thunder playing before the Hurricanes and Heat in the afternoon.
In a mid-week fixture at UTAS, the Thunder and Renegades will be on show in the afternoon before the Hurricanes and Star play at UTAS Stadium on October 27.
Cricket Tasmania chief executive, Dominic Baker said the state had a proven track record in this area.
"Last year we obviously didn't have an WBBL content in the state due to the national COVID situation, which was disappointing for us, but understandable in the interest of getting a full-length, high-quality tournament completed," he said
"This year we're thrilled to be able to play our part in ensuring the season gets away, and following us hosting the first of the BBL hubs last year, we know this is something we can do, and do well.
Premier Peter Gutwein labelled the announcement as a huge win for cricket in Tasmania.
"This is fantastic news and will showcase our State to the rest of the nation, along with presenting significant opportunities for local businesses who will benefit from the increase in trade," he said.
With teams and players coming from NSW and Victoria, the Premier confirmed teams would be subject to strict protocols while the WBBL operated in the state.
"Players will operate under strict pre-departure protocols before arriving and quarantining in Tasmania, with the hotel quarantine facilities used to be separate to the current domestic quarantine hotels used by returning Tasmanians," he said,
"COVID testing of players will continue whilst in quarantine, in line with existing protocols, and players from teams approved to leave quarantine to train will only be permitted to leave following the return of a negative COVID test."
When the fixture was announced in July, it was confirmed UTAS Stadium would also host WBBL fixtures.
Twelve of the first 20 matches will be held at their original date and time but more ticketing and fixture details will be announced shortly.