The North West Health Expo aims to provide an insight into the wide array of health related services available to the communities that make up North West Queensland.
Event organiser Katie Schrodter said it was a one of a kind event for the region, allowing members of the community to get up close with health services, businesses and industry leaders and experience first-hand the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
The North West Health Expo will feature:
- Exhibits, ranging from nutritional supplement suppliers to clinicians, physiotherapists, nutritionists, dieticians and sporting groups
- Interactive displays and activities
- Coinciding Workshops
- Guest speakers touching on a number of key topics relating to your health and well-being
- Special guests including Mark Olive, The Black Olive, Australia's most celebrated and renowned Indigenous chef and Aboriginal Body Building Champion Rhonda Purcell
- Information on accessing local health service providers
- Answers to your health related questions with professionals on site
- Lucky Door Prize consisting of a 12 Month Irish Club Gym Membership
- Children's activities
- Great food
- Free health checks
- Prizes and competitions
A partnership of regional health service providers, the North West Health Expo was first hosted in 2014 as the Mount Isa Health Expo.
Today the event has grown significantly and showcases a range of health, wellness and active lifestyle exhibits, demonstrations and interactive activities.
The aim is to educate the public on the available health service providers and their related service and offer a platform for community consultation and engagement.
The expo provides an interactive, informative and inviting professional environment and a unique, family friendly experience enhancing health education in the region.
For more information, visit:www.northwesthealthexpo.com.au.
Ms Schrodter said this in turn contributes to the development and sustainability of the health industry in North West Queensland.
Feature exhibitors range from nutritional supplement suppliers to clinicians, physiotherapists, nutritionists and dietitians. The Health Expo will also include a speaking program featuring key topics relating to local health and well being.
Service providers and those in businesses related to health, active lifestyle and well being are able to gain direct access to the consumer.
They have the opportunity to interact and network with other service providers, including rural and remote, and collect crucial information for future development, growth and sustainability.