The families and friends of the 40 people still missing from the Gulf Livestock 1 cattle ship lost near Japan have raised a GoFundMe page.
Mount Isa-born Lukas Orda was one of 43 aboard when it ran into trouble in a typhoon off the coast of Japan on September 2. Only two man have been found alive and a third found dead.
Now the family & friends of the remaining 40 missing crew of the Gulf Livestock 1 have started a fundraising campaign with a video from Mr Orda's parents.
"We're desperately asking for your help to find our boys and #bringthemhome," the page organiser said.
"Money will go towards satellite and drone surveillance technology, chartered search and rescue vehicles, awareness media campaigns and search incentives."
The video shows Ulrich and Sabine Orda pleading for authorities to continue the search for their son.
Mr Orda's wife Emma has also released a video pleading for the same outcome after Japan formally called off the search for survivors last week.
"Before the accident happened everyone was wearing life jackets and the captain called everyone to go to the bridge to enter the lifeboats," he said.
"Three crew did not reach the bridge and were washed overboard. When a big wave hit the ship, it was pushed onto its side and a second survivor was washed off and the lifeboats went off."
Mr Orda said given this information the search should not have been called off and crew members were still potential alive out at sea.
On September 2, the Gulf Livestock 1 is believed to have sunk in the East China Sea during Typhoon Maysak.
The total crew included 39 from the Philippines, two from New Zealand and two from Australia, 25-year-old Lukas Orda from Mount Isa and William Mainprize from New South Wales.
See the GoFundMe page here.
READ ALSO: Chance of rain in Mount Isa this weekend
While you are here, subscribe to our weekly email delivered to your inbox every Tuesday and Friday.