Flinders Shire officials have all returned negative results to COVID-19, after coming in contact with a person with the virus.
Flinders Shire CEO Daryl Buckingham released a statement on Monday March 23 stating the tests had returned a negative result.
"Staff are cleared and out of precautionary quarantine," Mr Buckingham said.
"I would like to take the opportunity to thanks the community of Flinders Shire for their support and understanding through these challenging times."
Last week Mayor Jane McNamara said Flinders Shire Council was following all Queensland Health protocols and directives.
"We are waiting for the results of the three persons who attended the conference with Senator Susan McDonald," Cr McNamara said.
"There are no known cases of COVID-19 in the Hughenden community, at this time. All staff and councillors, in self isolation are healthy and showing no symptoms, of which we are aware. The self isolation was purely precautionary as per Queensland Health protocols."
There still remains no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in North West Queensland.
READ ALSO: Queensland to close its borders.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here