The North West Hospital and Health Service are encouraging locals to protect the North West by getting a test.
NWHHS will be holding COVID-19 pop-up testing clinics in each community and encouraging people to attned the local clinic to get tested.
NWHHS said "Queensland is now open to interstate travellers, and that means the risk of COVID-19 coming to our communities has increased.
"Testing only takes 10 minutes, results come back within 48 hours and you don't need to self-isolate while you wait for your results.
"Get tested even if you only have mild symptoms. You don't want to be the person who neglects symptoms and finds out when it's too late."
As of Monday July 27, The North West had conducted 1,071 Tests, all returning a negative result.
Pop-up clinic dates and times:
- Mornington Island 3rd-5th August, 8am to 12 noon and 1pm to 4 pm
- Karumba 5th August, 10 am to 2 pm
- Julia Creek 6th - 7th August, 8 am to 5 pm Burketown 10th August, 10am to 1 pm
- Camooweal 10th August, 11am to 2.30pm
- Gregory 11th August, 10 am to 1 pm
- Doomadgee 12th and 13th August, 9 am to 5 pm
- Cloncurry 17th and 18th August, 8.30 am to 5 pm
- Dajarra 24th August, 11 am to 2.30 pm
While you are here, subscribe to our weekly email delivered to your inbox every Tuesday and Friday.